Monday, June 21, 2004

The Firm

The firm will be dissolved in a week's time. It has been two years since the founding of the firm. Now people will have to go their own separate ways.

I am talking about the Apartment at Matatag St., otherwise known as the Firm. Or the UAP Matatag Chapter. No I won't write about anything cozy about the place, or the people in it. I wanna write about change. Change of lifestyle, change of work, change of atmosphere. In short, people are moving on. We are beyond undergraduate school. We are beyond cutesy lifestyles. We are now grown up, we need to start our lives.

In my stay in the university, I have been to many places, met many people, tried different things. I met an accident once. I had numerous quarrels. I pestered five ladies. I went to the depths (the lagoon pipeline) and to the heights (the top of the Gonzales Hall). I saw the clash of brotherhoods (frat violence), and helped oust a corrupt president. And I have been inside the hallowed halls of the University for almost ten years already.

But now we are all going our separate ways. For the better I guess. Because our lives do not end with Architecture. We need to reach out, to try new things, meet new people. I guess we'll just have to accept that fact. Hail to the Architects, may we all Build.

The devil asked the two wanderers
"Are you angels?"
"Nay, we are but MEN."
-- The Tribute, Tenacious D




2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger nap said...

hahaha, lahat i-relate sa beatles ha? puedeng "she's leaving home" (white album) or "it's getting better all the time" (sgt. peppers). di bale, pag matatanda na tayo, ang kanta na natin "two of us" (let it be).

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger punx said...

ei... remember that if physically the firm crashes, we'll all still be virtually bonded. do you even remember that we made an email add in yahoo (i think) that is the common email for the matatagers? if im not mistaken, its matatag@yahoo.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home