Monday, May 09, 2005

Questions and Answers

Recently went to a elementary class get together, and we were all amazed at the story of one of our batchmates who refused to go to the get togethers being held simply because he finds no use of going, since he said that he is the most successful in the whole class anyway. Before I continue, let me just blurt out a big F**CK Y** to our beloved classmate.

Excuse me...there I feel much better now.

So now the question, what really comprises success? If a person asks me if I am successful, how would I answer?

Pardon me if I have to shed out lengthy paragraphs, to questions which can be answered in simple questions.

1. Are you successful? My answer: success is relative. Success may mean financial, emotional, physical, social, spiritual...****al success.
2. Ok...are you successful financially? My answer: I am far from being financially successful. But at least I got rid of my "makunat" days wherein I have to watch out for my money, from highschool to my first few years at work. What bothers me now is my capacity to save and handle money, because of too much spending, or giving out during gimmicks, or letting go of debts from people I cannot get back to. I just laugh at the joke of being the "bread winner" in the group.
3. Emotionally? My problem with my emotional side is I now tend to let go...immediately. I might have a problem with this with regards to age.
4. Physically? I enjoy a few strenous activities every now and then, but nothing constant. I am getting fat.
5. Socially? I am associating myself with various social circles lately, and meeting up with old friends. I don't want to spread myself too thin though. And of course I frown at "friends" who remember you only when they need something. But of course I can survive on my own. Ever since childhood I have learned to isolate myself and survive, like what I did during the holy week, where I locked myself up in the flat for five whole days. Beat that!
6. Spiritually? God is still there.

Over all, I feel that success is related to what you really want to gain out of all the small successes you receive. I may not be rich, may not be socially active, but I am happy with what I have, and not at the expense of friendship and morality. Humiliation, stress, loneliness are but challenges. In the end, bawian lang yan. Hare Krishna.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger scubscub said...

If I may say, your friend is one bigot who don't value the bonding and perhaps blind by his own success thinking it is of great value which maybe only he himself can see it.

Success or not, ought to be from others and not oneself. How much of a great person is if he or she claimed to be as good? :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger nap said...

thank you friend. true enough. thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home