Friday, November 25, 2005

Alone

I have always claimed that the saying “No man is an island.” does not absolutely apply to me. I have lived by myself for the past decade, in the sense that I can provide for myself and can survive without companionship for a longer than usual period of time. Being together with a spectacular group of people for the past few years, I have enjoyed the company of various people, and have given my share of survival in the real world of college and yuppie-ism.

At present I am totally alone, living by myself at a small condo-unit type rent, with minimal contact with my landlady (although I do enjoy having limited contact with her hehehe…), as well as with my neighbors. The only time I have conversations is whenever I go out to eat or buy something. Other than that I talk to myself, sing, or converse with good souls who know that our landline exists.

I do enjoy the solitariness though, with the thought of having my very own space, where I can get to arrange it as I please. When I was a kid I did not have my own room, being the youngest in the family, I grew up sleeping inside a room occupied by other family members. Now is a welcome change in my lifestyle, as I get to arrange, clean, disorganize and reorganize things as I want to.

Since my circle of friends became smaller and smaller due to various reasons of distance, work and lifestyles, I further realized that there are now less people who live within Quezon City. That means less pangangapit-bahay, and more time for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home