Monday, September 05, 2005

survived!!!

Makikigaya ako ulit, here is how I survived (and faltered at some point) four days of my life:

1. Last thursday we finally presented our minor report for Planning Process under Prof Carmi. It was fun, I haven't reported and answered questions like that in ages. I guess there is hope for my "non-academic" mode of thinking.

2. Right after my report from 210 I proceeded to work on our major report for Site Planning, with DJ (From UST Arki). DJ is the man! When it comes to photoshop and autocad he does it with ease and without pressure. I timed how he does his rendering, it takes him 10-15 minutes to retouch or render one scanned picture with Photoshop. And when it comes to Autocad, it's like he's typing in MS Word. Umuusok ang space bar and enter keys! I later saw a drawing list for one of his projects, which totals 17 sheets, which he claimed he can finish in 1 week. Me tulog pa kaya yun?

I was particularly proud of my powerpoint presentation. Office XP rocks! Puro fade and fly ang animation ko, so it's like a Flash animation. It was my first time to prepare such an extensive presentation. Nasa 90-100 ang slides, to the surprise of my classmates. I explained na maraming transition slides, for that "theatrical" effect in presenting.
I'm also proud of the topic, which was the BASECO housing project. DJ was apprehensive at first because it's a very simple site planning project, as compared to the other typologies presented which are more glamorous. But I explained the importance of reporting the project, due to the complexity of site selection as well as government implementation. The class was interested, and so we ended the report relieved and happy. Mala-thesis ang mga questions! Ang saya!

3. Come saturday, I still have to wake up early because I have a deadline for our starting business. But before the meeting, I have to attend first the birthday party of Hugs, one of the SURPers. I was about to leave early when one of our congressman classmates arrived and discussed politics over wine and seafoods. And it rained! But still I have to leave early for the meeting.

4. After the meeting, the partners invited me for a gimmick at Timog. We ended up at Decades, one of the posh (naks nakiki-"posh" na ako...) bars in Timog. Before we thought the bar was for upper class people, with dresscode and all. But thanks to our new "clubber" friend, he guided us gracefully inside the bar. And what a bar it was! With its high ceiling, ornate design and nice lighting and sound! If you want a place where you can meet and dance with people, Decades is the place to be. The beer is a little expensive. But what the hey.

5. After the clubbing experience, it was already 1am, but I still have to attend Manny's birthday-drinking bash. Armed with smokes and lambanog, we (dalawa na lang kami, umuwi na silang lahat) talked about people, good and bad news, and everything in between. Waking up later at 10am, I experienced my first (as in first) conversation with John. Nope its not John Lennon, it was THE john!!! I would puke later on within the day, the second would be after alighting from the bus, along the sidewalk (nakakahiya!!!), and later at home, before lunchtime, when everybody was set to eat (yuuuck!!!). I spent the rest of the day trying to get out of the hangover.

6. I faltered because I had to cancel my afternoon date. Well at least she cared.

So that's it. And now it's back to work. Next weekend ulit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home