Thursday, January 27, 2005

relief

I dropped my wallet last saturday somewhere at the shopping center. Upon reaching home, I was shocked to discover that it was not where it was supposed to be. It was the first time that I experienced losing something valuable. Now I know what it feels like. First there was shock, then hesitation, then confusion. When the mayhem has partially subsided, anger stepped in, later followed by acceptance. I tried to desperately accept the situation. I'll just apply for new id's, new atms. But for the next few weeks or so I won't be me. If I become part of an accident somewhere I won't be identified. I can't access everything immediately: priviledges brought by my id's, the library, entry to buildings, money.

Fortunately somebody got my wallet and turned it over to the newspaper stand near the SC. The vendor promptly called me and returned the wallet. And for that, I gave her the very same calling card she used to contact me. I promised her free consultation for her house maintenance concerns. Lets just hope she doesn't plan to have a building built.

And so now shock, anger and acceptance has been replaced with relief. All in the span of less than an hour.

The moral lesson? Always leave a calling card inside your wallet. There is still hope for the world after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home