Thursday, May 12, 2005

Trip

After saying that I don't get to travel much as much as my comrades do, now I am flooded with prospective chances to go around. In short drawing pa lang ang iba dito.

Being in a client / service oriented profession, we architects have to meet up with prospective clients and opportunities for financial and professional growth. Not like "over the counter / table" type of transactions, we have to personally go to the prospective business opportunity in order to try and seal a deal. Which brings me to a dilemma: am I ready to transact business in far away places, not knowing anything about these places, having little travel experience, and being a relative newbie in the profession. Kung baga, big time decision na ito.

An acquaintance asked me if I can go to Bohol with him for a prospective large project. Although I have already interacted with this person in the past, there is still some hesitation to go, since it would be the first time that I would be leaving Manila for a business opportunity. It's not like I'm going to Marikina or Bulacan. Now I have to invest time and money for this trip, not knowing the outcome.

Although it would be a welcome respite for me, having to leave the hustle and bustle of the city for a while, and the prospect of travel overwhelms me. So I guess I just have to do my own further research on my acquaintance, as well as where I am going.

Anyone care to go to Bohol? I hope somebody is interested, so that I can have back up, as well as assistance at the same time in doing the standard site inspection and research for a project. Who knows we might bag the project. But if not, the trip would be well worth the risk. Vamos!

p.s. We are also going to Quezon this weekend. Anybody interested? And hopefully to Ilocos later on! Paging Jing! I'd love to go to Ilocos, even for just the trip and the experience. All in one month.

4 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gusto ko rin punta ilocos..particularly pagudpud. i still think vigan is overrated. gusto ko marating ung bridge along the coast lampas ng ilocos..way way north.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger nap said...

yup, habang hindi pa overrated ang pagudpod, mejo hindi pa tapped ng market e. but in any case, i would welcome going anywhere sa north, habang me chance and resources pa.

baka umabot ka na ng taiwan nyan!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Maniniyut said...

panalo pagudpud. it's the best beach for me next to boracay...kasi di pa naman ako napupunta sa panglao, cebu, el nido, dakak, hehe.

on vigan: isang street lang talaga yung tulad ng makikita niyo sa postcard na nostalgic and rustic ang ambiance, sa Crisostomo St. (complete with brick-paved road). The rest, medyo modern na. mabibitin talaga kayo kung vigan lang dadaanan. the best IT for Ilocos is to start at Vigan, then to the Churches of Ilocos Norte (part. Paoay), then to Laoag, then to the Lighthouse at Burgos town (the best view there), and lastly at Pagudpud, 3hrs. away from Vigan.

Yung bridge: ok siya pag tag-ulan kasi mataas yung water. on dry months di maganda view. happy road trip in the future!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger super inday said...

all i can say is... grab the ooportunity! "the brave may not live long, but the cowardly does not live at all!"

it may not work out, but at least you get a vacation out of it! just pretend you're spending for a leisure trip, as opposed to a business venture =) the beaches in bohol are beautiful, btw. i like its understated tranquility as opposed to the "party here!" ambience of boracay. enjoy =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home