Wednesday, June 21, 2006

No Fear, No Guilt

Up until last night, I have never laid my hands on an arcade game, or never had I tried those large arcade machines with racing games complete with pedals and steering wheel. Back then during elementary and highschool, I never had the drive nor the urge to squeeze in the crowd to try my luck at those arcade games while a crowd looks on. In Parañaque and Las Piñas, being a small municipality back then (well my world was smaller back then), arcades and gaming centers are almost non-existent, except for the fledgling Alabang Town Center back then and the less classy commercial centers along Zapote Road in Las Piñas. There was no SM back then. The rad games back then was Street Fighter, with all the "cool" boys playing and hoarding the console, so there was no chance of me getting my hands on them, thus my childhood deprivation. We were content on playing at the smaller (and quieter) Family Computer gaming areas, which are small nooks found at video stores.

Having a lot of time to kill and a few free games coupons, I bravely entered Timezone in Megamall. Having eyed the racing games for so long, I gamely hopped on and tried it. After wrecking my car in the first game, I finally got the hang of it, and I was hooked on the game! No guilt on going over the curb or scraping the sides of my car on the tunnels, I concluded that the game is my prelude to actual driving. For those who do not know, I am an adult who still does not know how to drive!!! Blame it on poverty and slow professional growth for not having the opportunity to finally acquire a vehicle, but this handicap is for another story. At least I finally started on a new addiction, even if its only on the virtual aspect of driving. Now I know the feeling (well, partly) of driving the pedal to the metal, and steering and using the manual transmission.

Now I can't wait for my next race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home