Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Overworked?

I get amazed when people are surprised that I work for the government. Maybe it's because of people's impressions that we government employees are not that overworked, or we just spend time surfing or doing other things aside from work. One person even made me promise not to waste the taxpayers money. Ok, noted.

But are we really under or overworked here in our share of the beaurocracy?

The answer, we're doing just fine. Our office has around 30 projects per team, so that makes it 90 projects all at the same time. The key here is that we queue the projects in order for us to manage finishing each and every site investigation, project scoping, design, drafting, estimating and supervision. It's not enough to just finish a requirement, but to finish it with all points noted and consulted with other people. That's what makes the process slower, but makes it surer.

So don't worry dear taxpayers.

********

I had a massive headache last night, and up till now I still feel it. It feels like my one hundred and thirty degrees visual cone has been reduced to ten degrees, because I can't focus. Working for 8 hours straight for work and 4 hours for academics really drained my powers. I was supposed to go straight to a watering hole with some of the former Firm but I decided to do a win-win situation assessment. It turned out that I cannot make it to the said gathering so I opted to just sleep sufficiently, if not soundly. Prioritization muna, next time na ang saya.

The question now is do I continue with this 12hour for two days endeavor for the next 3-4 years, or just enjoy what I already have? I guess the answer is not yet that obvious.

***********

So I have only two nights free for the whole week, since I have to sleep early even for Saturday because that day is my physical improvement cum recreation day. The rest is spent on reading and research. The problem is I have many things unaccounted for in my schedule: night outs, dates, window shopping sprees. I just laugh to myself whenever an acquaintance always begin his question with "kailan". As in, "Kailan tayo blah-blah-blah...". You go ahead, I'll follow later. But he never does.

***********

So am I overworked?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home