Friday, July 23, 2004

Reconciliation and Maximization

Sometimes I catch myself going in circles when talking to people, at work and at school. People usually respond after I explain by saying, "So in short..." or "Bottomline is...". Must be the sigurista in me. We all know that Contract documents and correspondence should be all complete, but not conversations. If I can compress three sentences into one, so much the better.

Got tired of this phd student going around in circles during a discussion about our proposal for the survey. He's a professor of architecture at another school. He speaks reaaal slooooowwww... so I rescued my groupmate by sharing my cents worth of Architecture and the need for surveying. I began by introducing "...two keywords that should be remembered, reconciliation and maximization." Data, as in user needs should first be reconciled, then the resources, or the space can later be maximized. This goes the same for Architecture, planning or any other fields that dwell on the pooling of resources and the identification of user needs.

So maybe I'll just introduce a topic by using keywords first. That way I can stay away from going in circles.

I wonder if "reconciliation and maximization" has already been put in books...hmmmm....

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger nap said...

oi perds! nampap yata ang ididikit sa pangalan pag registered masterplamah na. anyways hope to take the exam this september.

on being the plumber, mejo nagagamit ko na rin kasi nag-analyze kami recently ng plumbing layout ng old cswcd, at mejo tama naman ang deductions namin sa purpose and location ng mga lines. tapos me nakita kaming mushroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home