Tuesday, July 26, 2005

After all these years I have finally acquired the Constructicons from the Transformers toy series. Although its only a cheap imitation of the original, its a good find since they have replicated to the detail the toys (as seen from pictures of course). I have yet to lay my hands on the original set, which costs around 5-10k, but I have seen it at shops and the imitation looks good enough.

So why would I waste time and money, not to mention valuable space for a kid's toy? I guess those cartoons and toys trained me to think creatively and to visually appreciate things. Nowadays they have action fitgures that have 30-40 means of articulation. What's that again? I think it's the possible number of poses a toy can make. That was how I played in the first place when I was a kid. Seldom did I engage in role playing or running around with toys, I would rather have them pose as tableaus and imagine them as they were in the cartoons. Maybe that helped me to appreciate things in 3 dimensions, to look at things from all angles.

And finally, due to financial constraints back then, I had to settle for the pictures and the comic books, which again helped me develop my eye on details.

Now if only that original Voltes V would be reproduced or imitated. Now that's a lot of money for a toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home