Monday, January 31, 2005

Improvements

With the New Year comes new perspectives, new hopes and new plans. Here are some of the improvements and non-improvements of your truly:

Improvements:
1. I get to go out more despite of my very hectic schedule, trying out new places and food. Now I hope to go out of Luzon.
2. I get to reach out to more people through the various work, academic and extra-curricular activities I do
3. I get to watch more movies, again despite my schedule with the help of my newly acquired, free dvd player (courtesy of Robert, hehehe….)
4. I am improving on my forehand and backhand, as well as getting the feel of the ball’s trajectory and placement.
5. I am trying my hand on songwriting, as well as familiarizing myself with the guitar again.
6. I have improved much on drinking sessions, after witnessing for myself what I would look like when drunk (by seeing other people in their sorry state) Social drinking is the best way to enjoy the session.
7. I am not afraid nowadays to spend. Fear of losing money and saving too much is a sign of obsessive-compulsiveness.
8. I am learning a second language.
9. I have nobody to look after.
10. I am currently assessing my career trajectory, academic performance and work capability, as well as personal missions. I am (I mean, we are…) well on the way to reaching the big three-oh in a few years’ time.

Non-improvements
1. Non-religious-ness for the past 10 years.
2. Very, very bad diet and figure.
3. Procrastination, brought about by mental and physical fatigue. Refer to number 2.
4. Being too madaldal.
5. Wasting office time with YM and friendster, which a colleague pointed out.
6. Inability to reach out to the other table and asking for a light from the chick seated there.
7. I am now starting to chain-smoke. Refer to number 2 and 3.
8. Frequent drinking sessions. Well at least I drink to join in or make “damay” to other people (so coño).

Due to the various calamities and disasters, both caused by nature and neglect, I am thankful for still being able to wake up in the morning and enjoying what I have. With the impending doom as stated in the recently opened secret of Sister Lucia (remember the siblings who are given secret letters by the Blessed Mother during the 1930s?), the increasing number of people leaving the country for greener pastures and the breakups happening, I sat around one time and thought about what I would do, what I would think and what path to take. Now it seems that 2005 would turn out to be a very interesting year for me. It’s hopefully time to do something about the eight non-improvements above.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger nap said...

oi perds!!!! inoooooom!!! uwi ka dito at hinooom tayo!!! oki ba cd, cumpleto na no, galing-galing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home